The UK ENIC Quality and Standards Group (QSG) is in place to safeguard service standards and develop methodological, operational and service delivery practices and processes so as to ensure the highest quality service provision
Meeting twice a year, the QSG provides a regular mechanism for the review of UK ENIC activities and operations. With a membership comprising important representative stakeholders from the arena of education, skills, and professional bodies, the QSG provides independent feedback and advice.
The QSG is specifically tasked to support UK ENIC in:
- Assuring the quality of information provision and the recognition process and procedures in place, having regard to the
Lisbon Recognition Convention, the ENIC-NARIC service requirements and the
Code of Practice
for the Recognition of International Qualifications;
- Monitoring the quality and delivery of the ENIC-NARIC services according to the conditions set out in the UK ENIC contract;
- Advising on the direction and the organisation of the information development programmes;
- Advising on the content and presentation of the principal online databases and relevant information provision;
- Assisting in the validation of recommendations and statements accorded to international qualifications;
- Advising on evaluation criteria;
- Advising on processes and procedures, including the consideration of appeal cases against evaluation decisions, both formally and on a case-by-case basis;
- Providing advice on the range and appropriateness of services provided by UK ENIC.
The basis of QSG review meetings is the consideration of UK ENIC progress reports, which include reporting on work programmes, performance indicators and statistical analyses.